US Labour Secretary's Husband Barred From Office Amid Sexual Assault Claims: Report

1 hour ago

Last Updated:February 20, 2026, 17:28 IST

The women told department officials that DeRemer, an anaesthesiologist, had touched them inappropriately at the Labour Department’s building.

US Labour Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer with her husband, Shawn DeRemer. (Image via X/@RepLCD)

US Labour Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer with her husband, Shawn DeRemer. (Image via X/@RepLCD)

Shawn DeRemer, the husband of US Labour Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer, has been barred from the department’s headquarters in Washington following allegations by at least two female staff members that he sexually assaulted them, the New York Times reported on Thursday.

According to the Times, the women told department officials that DeRemer, an anaesthesiologist, had touched them inappropriately at the Labour Department’s building on Constitution Avenue.

One incident reportedly took place on the morning of December 18 last year and was captured on office security cameras, showing DeRemer giving one of the women an extended embrace. The footage was reviewed as part of a criminal investigation.

Handpicked stories, in your inbox

A newsletter with the best of our journalism

Location :

United States of America (USA)

First Published:

February 20, 2026, 17:28 IST

News world US Labour Secretary's Husband Barred From Office Amid Sexual Assault Claims: Report

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More

Read Full Article at Source