Stellantis unveils $70 billion turnaround plan, targets positive cash flow by 2028

45 minutes ago

Stellantis CEO Antonio Filosa poses by a Jeep Cherokee during media day of the Detroit Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan, U.S. January 14, 2026.

Rebecca Cook | Reuters

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Stellantis said Thursday it plans to invest 60 billion euros (US$69.7 billion) under a new five-year strategic plan by CEO Antonio Filosa that also targets annual cost savings of 6 billion euros by 2028.

The plan includes putting 36 billion euros toward the company's massive portfolio of automotive brands to launch more than 60 new vehicles as well as major refreshes of 50 other models, including all-electric vehicles, hybrids and traditional internal combustion engines.

The other 24 billion euros will be put toward global vehicle platforms and new technologies for the automaker and its products, according to the company.

Tune in Thursday, May 21, at 10:25 a.m. ET: CNBC's Phil LeBeau interviews Stellantis CEO Antonio Filosa. Watch in real time on CNBC+ or the CNBC Pro stream.

Stellantis also said it plans to achieve positive free cash flow by 2028 after losing 22.3 billion euros last year that included a 22 billion euro restructuring away from all-electric vehicles.

Under the plan, Stellantis will not eliminate any of its 14 automotive brands, but it will fold operations of its DS and Lancia European units into Citroen and Fiat, respectively, according to the company.

Fiat is one of four designated "global brands" alongside Jeep, Ram Trucks and Peugot. That division also includes the Pro One commercial operations. Its regional brands will include Chrysler, Dodge, Citroen, Opel and Alfa Romeo. It also owns luxury brand Maserati.

To assist in reducing costs, the company plans to launch a new "STLA One" vehicle platform in 2027. The new platform is designed to bring together five different platforms into "one scalable architecture, reducing complexity and expanding coverage." It targets achieving 20% cost efficiency, the company said.

By 2030, Stellantis targets 50% of its volume will be produced on three global platforms, with up to 70% component reuse.

Filosa — who began leading the automaker less than a year ago — and other executives are set to lay out details of the "FaSTLAne 2030" plan throughout the day Thursday during his first investor day as CEO at the company's North American headquarters near Detroit.

Filosa described the plan as being "powered by our unique combination of strengths" in a release ahead of the event. Its core pillars include "sharper management" of the brand portfolio, new investments, enhanced partnerships, an optimized manufacturing footprint, "excellence in execution" and empowerment of the company's regions and local teams.

The company this week announced several new or expanded partnerships, including with Jaguar Land Rover for the U.S. as well as with Chinese automakers Leapmotor and Dongfeng Group.

Read Full Article at Source