Trump Cancels Biden’s Autopen-Signed Orders, Cites ‘Lack Of Control’ In Presidency

1 hour ago

Last Updated:November 29, 2025, 07:08 IST

Trump alleged that Biden’s staff illegally operated the autopen and issued official orders without the president’s knowledge.

US President Donald Trump. (File photo)

US President Donald Trump. (File photo)

US President Donald Trump has again targeted Joe Biden and said that any official document the former Democratic president signed using an autopen should no longer be considered valid.

His comments were posted on Friday (local time) on Truth Social, where he accused Biden of allowing others to act on his behalf. Trump claimed that “approximately 92%" of Biden’s documents were signed with an autopen — a mechanical device long used by US presidents to reproduce signatures for routine approvals.

He insisted that such signatures were invalid unless the president personally authorised their use.

“Any document signed by Sleepy Joe Biden with the Autopen, which was approximately 92% of them, is hereby terminated, and of no further force or effect. The Autopen is not allowed to be used if approval is not specifically given by the President of the United States," Trump wrote.

He went further, alleging that Biden’s staff illegally operated the autopen and issued official orders without the president’s knowledge. Trump argued that this amounted to others “circling Biden around the beautiful Resolute Desk" and effectively taking over the executive office.

“I am hereby cancelling all Executive Orders, and anything else that was not directly signed by Crooked Joe Biden, because the people who operated the Autopen did so illegally. Joe Biden was not involved in the Autopen process and, if he says he was, he will be brought up on charges of perjury," he added.

Trump has frequently claimed that Biden’s age and mental state prevented him from managing the presidency. He has also previously accused aides of making decisions without consulting Biden, using the autopen as evidence of this alleged lack of control. The device, however, has been a normal part of White House operations for decades.

In a separate post earlier the same day, Trump announced that he would permanently halt migration from what he called “third-world countries". He said the move was needed to help the US “terminate illegal admissions" and undo what he described as the results of Biden-era immigration policies.

His remarks followed a shooting in Washington, DC, on Wednesday in which an Afghan national allegedly shot two Guard members. One guard member died and the other was left critically injured.

“I will permanently pause migration from all Third World Countries to allow the US system to fully recover, terminate all of the millions of Biden illegal admissions, including those signed by Sleepy Joe Biden’s Autopen…" Trump said, adding that he intended to deport anyone he viewed as a security risk or “non-compatible with Western Civilization".

The comments mark Trump’s latest attempt to redraw the boundaries of presidential authority while intensifying his criticism of Biden’s time in office.

Anushka Vats

Anushka Vats

Anushka Vats is a Sub-Editor at News18.com with a passion for storytelling and a curiosity that extends beyond the newsroom. She covers both national and international news. For more stories, you can follow her...Read More

Anushka Vats is a Sub-Editor at News18.com with a passion for storytelling and a curiosity that extends beyond the newsroom. She covers both national and international news. For more stories, you can follow her...

Read More

First Published:

November 29, 2025, 07:06 IST

News world Trump Cancels Biden’s Autopen-Signed Orders, Cites ‘Lack Of Control’ In Presidency

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More

Read Full Article at Source